- This policy addresses how Elite Answers treats personal information that Elite Answers collects and receives, including information related to your past use of Elite Answers products and services. Personal information is information about you that is personally identifiable like your name, address, email address, or phone number, and that is not otherwise publicly available.
- This policy does not apply to the practices of companies that Elite Answers does not own or control, nor to people that Elite Answers does not employ or manage.
Information Collection and Use
- Elite Answers collects personal information when you register with Elite Answers for a member account, when you use Elite Answers subscription products or services, when you visit certain Elite Answers pages and when you enter promotions or contests.
- When you register for a member account we ask for information such as your name, email address, birth date, gender, zip code, time zone, occupation, industry, and personal interests. For some subscription products and services we may also ask for your mailing address and contact numbers. Once you register with Elite Answers and sign in to our services, you are not anonymous to us. We use that information to provide you with a more customized Elite experience.
- Elite Answers automatically receives and records information on our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, Elite Answers cookie information, and the page you request.
- Elite Answers uses information for the following general purposes: to fulfill your requests for products and services, to customize the advertising and content you see, improve our services, contact you, conduct research, and provide anonymous aggregate reporting for internal and external clients.
- We kindly request that a child under the age of 13 obtain parental permission prior to registering for a member account.
- Elite Answers will not contact children under age 13 about special offers or for marketing purposes.
- Elite Answers treats a child’s privacy on the Internet with the utmost care. If you are a parent or guardian and have a concern about your child’s use of a member account, please contact us.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- Elite Answers does not rent, sell, or share personal information about you with other people or nonaffiliated companies except to provide products or services you've requested, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- We provide the information to trusted partners who work on behalf of or with Elite Answers under very strict confidentiality agreements. These companies may use your personal information to help Elite Answers communicate with you about offers from Elite Answers and our marketing partners. These companies do not, under any circumstances, have any independent right to share this information.
- We respond to court orders, subpoenas, or legal process, or to establish or exercise our legal rights or defend against legal claims;
- Elite Answers displays targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies who work with Elite Answers) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet the targeting criteria. (Example: Male aged 18 – 34 within a particular geographic location.)
- Elite Answers does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. By interacting with or viewing an ad, however, you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad.
- Elite Answers’s marketing partners and advertisers include financial service providers and non-financial companies.
- Elite Answers may set and access Elite Answers cookies on your computer.
- Elite Answers will access Elite Answers cookies previously stored on your computer when on our network of web sites in order to provide you with the best most customized experience.
Your Ability to Edit and Delete Your Account Information and Preferences
- You can edit your Elite Answers Account Information at any time by accessing your member account management area.
- New interest categories may be added from time to time. Existing users are not added to new categories unless they explicitly update their member account to reflect their new preferences.
- Member account users can adjust their interest categories at any time.
- We reserve the right to send you certain communications relating to the Elite Answers service, such as service announcements, administrative messages and the periodic Elite Answers Newsletter, that are considered part of your member account, without offering you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving them.
- You can submit a request to permanently delete your member account by contacting us. Certain information will remain in our archives even after your account is deleted.
Confidentiality and Security
- Elite Answers’s servers are monitored 24 hours a day by security guards and closed circuit video cameras. Only authorized users may enter the server area.
- Elite Answers limits access to personal information about you to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs at the highest caliber level.
- Elite Answers may periodically update this policy. Major updates will be complemented with prominent notice on our site noting that a change has occurred.
Questions and Suggestions
- Elite Answers values your input! If you have questions or suggestions, please contact us via email by clicking here. Alternatively you can contact us at:
Elite Answers Inc.
Customer Care Department
5511 Steeles Ave. West
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Elite Answers Inc.
Customer Care Department
New York, NY, USA 10010
Phone: 1-877-789-ELITE (3548)
Last Updated: May 20, 2010